Pool Community

Above-Ground Pool Owners

Group participation with all topics relating to being an above-ground pool owner.  Have a story, share it.  Happy with a spcific pool or pool product, let your other Pool Community members know your story.  Share your experiences, this area of the pool community is about group similarities and similar experiences, so join a group, start a group and see where it evolves; who knows, you could learn some, share some, and get to others with similar interests. 

Click on a STAR and give it YOUR rating?
  • Currently 3/5 Stars.

dig it deeper 54 inch
Posted 9/15/2017 4:34:41 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Hi i have a 54 inch liner and a 48 inch pool wall can i dig down 58 inches before i put in 2 inches of sand so it would be a total 56 inches deep thanks

INTEX
Posted 8/31/2017 8:10:36 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I HAVE HAD 2 INTEX POOL FROM INTERNET HAD TO SEND THEM BACK AS THY LEAK ARE ALL INTEX LINERS NO GOOD IS THIS W THY NOT GIVE A GARA...

What to do?
Posted 8/22/2017 3:38:41 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Help! We got new liner 2 years ago already has many leaks small pin holes in liner near bottom so only 2-3 inches of water at bottom. It is above ground metal pool we live in Mass so winter will be coming. Can we wait till next summer to replace liner then or is it unlikly the pool will stay up with on few inches of water even if cover top?

rain water washing dirt away from sides of pool
Posted 7/19/2017 3:03:15 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Had to fill land with dirt to level for 9x18 intex pool the rain is washing the dirt away what can we put around pool to help with drainage it seems to drain and wash awaY dirt at one corner of pool What could i put around pool that would absorb the rainwater.Is there a cheap way to make a drainage off the dirt?

overfilled above ground pool and now pump is leaking
Posted 6/30/2017 11:21:48 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Good Morning. I put the hose in our pool yesterday and forgot about it. Needless to say it overflowed and tons of water was coming up out of the skimmer. This morning when I got up the pump had turned on and was super load and shooting water out the side! The pool also drained back down to wear it was before I added all the water. Does anyone know if over filling a pool can break the pump? Also, I have a sand filter if that helps.

will a rusty bottom rail of top ground pool cause trouble?? its hot need new liner
Posted 6/14/2017 3:19:29 PM by Anonymous    Reply
will a rusty piece of the bottom rail of on top of ground cause trouble when new liner and water goes in??

Anonymous 7/22/2017 8:29:47 PM    Reply
rusty metal & PVC react... best to coat the rusted metal.. use rust paint .. even add a layer of vinyl tape (electrical tape to insulate your liner from contact with the metal..
Nasty calcium deposit
Posted 6/12/2017 1:42:37 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Any suggestions on how to get rid of a nasty calcium deposit? Pulled back the cover after winter and entire bottom was covered, loose around the edge but hard packed to the point I got in with shoes on and kicked and danced to loose it up. Shut off my pump and heater for fear of all this crap getting into the system. I'm thinking I'll drop the water as low as I can and try screening this stuff out. Questions: how low can I safely take the level down to…and is there any chemical solution I might use to break this stuff down?

wrong size liner
Posted 6/1/2017 5:46:56 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I accidentally bought a 12X39 liner instead of the 13x39 liner for my intex pool. We have one extra leg and one extra horizontal pole. Will it work ookay with the 12 ft liner? They are the same depth, it fits okay without the one leg and side but will it be stable?

Soil or crusher dust??
Posted 5/27/2017 5:26:18 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Just had my pool installed today. The installers had to dig down a bit on one side of the pool because the ground was not perfectly even . It's dug down about 4 inches and is about 4 inches wide. I want to fill in this space to ensure my kids don't twist an ankle. Can I fill it in with soil and let grass grow back, or do I need to use crusher dust/gravel?? I'm asking because I don't want to rot the sides of my pool, by using the wrong thing.

I have a 24'round above ground its 20 years old
Posted 4/25/2017 5:21:05 PM by Anonymous    Reply
my pool has small hols in the alumium walls is it still good dont want to by a new liner if its junk.

Anonymous 5/15/2017 3:27:05 PM    Reply
Ours is 30+. About 3 years ago we had a liner installed around the wall of the pool to protect from oxidization, and a bottom pad kind of like a gym mat. Last year we had to get a new liner because a squirrel tore the one in the pool. We bought a really nice liner, and when the company came to install it, they said this pool will probably last as long as we want it to. Then it is recyclable.
Anonymous 7/28/2017 1:48:56 PM    Reply
Do you mean you had a liner installed on the outside of the pool?
Installing 33 round above ground, can't get top bracers to connect
Posted 8/23/2016 7:54:20 AM by Anonymous    Reply
We have the walls up, and the seam bolted, but the top plastic bracers/connectors are not meshing. Seems they are crowded in some spots and too far away in others. The pool is old so somw pieces are breaking under the pressure. How do you even it out? Ruth

Filter help!!
Posted 8/18/2016 4:37:21 PM by Anonymous    Reply
So I have an obove grownd pool. I've been having it for about to years.l, it's a small 12ft pool. Anyways I've been taking care of it and all but I've noticed that after a few hours the filter doesn't trow water as fast as it does when I first turn it on. I've already changed the filter but the problem doesn't seem to get any better. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? The filter is connected to an extension cord which is kind of long, could that be the problem?

Cloudy pool water
Posted 8/18/2016 1:23:38 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a 18x42 round pool. I have struggled the whole summer to get it clean. After following advice from My pool place, spending a lot of money on chemical and the water never clearing up. I decided to go some where else. The new pool place recomended I fumo the water and start over since he said I have no Ph at all! He said os the Best I can do. So I decided to research and many sites recomend not to dump put all the water specially during the summer. Can someone advice me on what to do!? I know the water Is what keep a the frame up and steady. Worried my liner might get damaged. What would you do. I got a new pump and Cartridge...do I have to get a Sand filter? Thank you for Your input!

putting a easy set pool INSIDE a pole framed pool
Posted 8/18/2016 1:14:19 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Ok sounds funny but i wonder if anyone has set up a easy set up pool, with blow up ring on top, inside of a pole framed pool? Does anyone think it can be done and if so is there any suggestions on doing it? thanks

help!!!!!!!
Posted 8/3/2016 9:34:01 AM by Anonymous    Reply
if i don't have a dirt groud base for my swimming pool can i use covers on bottom for a smoother surface?? and if my water filter dosen't work can i add some chemicals to the water???

Leaking
Posted 8/1/2016 7:24:32 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Noticed my 18x9x48 leaking from inlet B

I am stumped
Posted 7/29/2016 4:47:19 PM by Anonymous    Reply
This year I went out and bought an inflatable pool intex it's 8' x 8.5' x 36" is inflatable pool that has inflatable bench in it. So far during this hot and humid summer here in Michigan I have refilled the pool about three times. No problems with anything leaking until this third time I have filled the pool up in the evening by the next morning pool is half full I have checked the drain plug there's no bubbles of any kind around the plug I have checked any holes or tears in the bottom of the pool I cannot find anything why is the pool only draining halfway. I would think if there was a tear in the liner it would completely drained the pool but it's not it's only stopping halfway to where the bench is just barely covered in water I have no other solutions to think of. Do any of you have any idea of what I should look for.

Anonymous 7/22/2017 7:12:28 AM    Reply
I have the same problem. It has happened 3 times this year. I fill it back up & all normal again. Did you ever figure anything out?
Intex outlet/skimmer
Posted 7/27/2016 12:56:00 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Hello. How do I take off the outlet so I can get my skimmer hooked? Also, I can see the outlet is clogged... Help please I have metal frame, sand filter, about 10,000 gallons

Leaving a soft sideded above pool unattended for a week
Posted 7/12/2016 3:31:25 PM by Anonymous    Reply
If you leave your soft sided above the ground pool ( 3' X 12) for a week without using a pump or chemicals, will the pool still be usable and able to be cleaned properly to use again?

Anonymous 7/16/2016 10:47:48 PM    Reply
Yes
Winter use for pool area
Posted 7/8/2016 4:30:21 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We had to remove sod and dig down to level the ground for our pool. The directions say to put it up in cold weather. There will be a huge circle of bare earth. Any suggestions what to do with that area until the next summer?

Anonymous 7/4/2017 12:31:03 PM    Reply
I call that area the "alien landing pad" for my pumpkin carving party. The kids love it. We even made signs to welcome the "guests" from afar. After that, no one really goes out in the back yard because the cold weather sets in fairly soon.
How do I get water out of the inflatable ring on my easy set 14x42
Posted 7/5/2016 10:24:40 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Due to a patch coming off while on vacation, water has entered the pool ring (which wasn't staying inflated anyway) and now I have big problems. Is there a way to extract the water from the pool ring? I am heading to Lowe's to buy some Flex Seal to try to seal the holes. Thanks! ~ Jill in Iowa

How do I get water out of the inflatable ring on my easy set 14x42
Posted 7/5/2016 7:23:54 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Due to a patch coming off while on vacation, water has entered the pool ring (which wasn't staying inflated anyway) and now I have big problems. Is there a way to extract the water from the pool? I am heading to Lowe's to buy some Flex Seal to try to seal the holes. Thanks! ~ Jill in Iowa

How do I get water out of the inflatable ring on my easy set 14x42 " pool?
Posted 7/5/2016 7:19:10 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Due to a patch coming off while on vacation, water has entered the pool ring (which wasn't staying inflated anyway) and now I have big problems. Is there a way to extract the water from the pool? I am heading to Lowe's to buy some Flex Seal to try to seal the holes. Thanks! ~ Jill in Iowa

Anonymous 7/5/2016 12:06:43 PM    Reply
sorry I posted this multiple times. Still hoping for someone to advise me. Thanks!
Water issues
Posted 7/4/2016 10:22:15 AM by Anonymous    Reply
we bought a intex pool everything was fine until it rained at firs the pool was cloudy we got rid of the cloudy problem now the pool has foam in it like dish soap not sure what to do we though if we let the water out and start over but we don't know

Hamson Pool
Posted 7/2/2016 5:40:26 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Why do above ground pool covers have built in holes in the cover? Every time we uncover the pool, the cover is full of water and dirt which makes its way back into the pool. Which is the best cover to buy?

Anonymous 7/2/2016 10:46:56 PM    Reply
I am wondering the same thing.They call them "drain holes" and say to prevent water accumulation. I'm wondering what water accumulation....maybe if half of it gets in the water as you're trying to tie it down. Some have big holes, which are too big and if it's windy, you can bet there is tons of dirt in the pool. When the gardeners come, the bottom of my pool is filthy. I think the less expensive pool cover, then expect to get a cheaper cover. I haven't splurged yet on a good cover, but I'm getting ready to. Do some research on the internet and enter "what are the best above ground pool covers"
Anonymous 7/21/2016 1:14:53 PM    Reply
In my experience, when you have a cover with no holes and it rains, that rainwater is really heavy and usually full of stuff from trees and leaves that fall in the wind, especialy after a storm. It's really difficult to get it off without any of the dirty water making it into the pool anyway (it used to take 3 of us kids and dad to haul the cover off after it rained. I have to say when I saw your question I thought a cover with holes was a brilliant idea. Lol. We used to vacuum almost daily anyway, so I would imagine that anything small enough to make it through the holes would get skimmed and vacuumed out before swimming anyway.
Anonymous 7/2/2016 10:50:35 PM    Reply
I actually just looked up some covers and I think I might try this one...Intex Solar Cover for 18ft Diameter Easy Set and Frame Pools...it looks easy to put on and take off...a little more expensive, but spenging 50.00 seems like the cost for a decent cover.
Intex pool has been folded up for 3 years
Posted 6/25/2016 4:23:22 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a large Intex metal frame pool that we took down 3 years ago when we moved. It has been folded up since then. We live in the south so it is pretty warm all year. It has been exposed to sunlight for the last three years in its folded state. We originally purchased it in 2010. Do you think that it would still be able to be set up and used? I don't want to begin filling it and HBR it rupture and glood a neighbors home.

Anonymous 6/20/2017 5:04:33 PM    Reply
i need a leg and a top pole for my 12ft summer escapes pool can any help as we brought this for our disabled daughter but can not use it my email address is joepottypotter@gmail.com if anyone can help please let me know im in milton keynes thank you
new pool problems
Posted 6/23/2016 5:50:54 AM by Anonymous    Reply
the professional company installed an above ground oval pool 12 x 18 and filled up water ,but my question is ,the electrician is gonna come next week and the pump is not running yet so do I have to put some chemicals in the water until the electrician comes?

Anonymous 7/16/2016 10:51:34 PM    Reply
i would add shock so it does not turn green
Pump problems
Posted 6/6/2016 4:16:23 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have the normal pump for my 15x48 intex pool, do I cover the water outlet hole when I fill the pool up? Also after filling up I turned pump on and it came on and went off?

Anonymous 7/2/2016 10:35:17 PM    Reply
I had the same problem....usually when the cord was too hot. Keep the cord covered under a bucket or something when not in use. Plug it it, press the reset button and hold it for a minuted before releasing your finger. Not sure if you also have a start button, but then push the start. If it doesn't come on, wait 15 minutes and try again. sometimes I unplug and wait a bit, plug back in and push the reset. Usually it happened to me when it was extremely hot and then when the pump was just getting old. Hope this helps.
Need help
Posted 6/6/2016 7:45:55 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I just bought a 17feet x 52inch intex pool and we already filled it up to half of the pool and notice that there like 2 leaks on the bottom is it normal?

Anonymous 7/16/2016 10:52:46 PM    Reply
no i would contact intex
Need help
Posted 6/5/2016 6:41:41 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I just bought a 17feet x 52inch intex pool and we already filled it up to half of the pool and notice that there like 2 leaks on the bottom is it normal?

Anonymous 7/2/2016 10:30:13 PM    Reply
Home Depot sells an HDX Vinyl Pool Patch Kit that actually works and you can seal the leak underwater. You can put the patch on without emptying your pool.:) It is only like $5.00 or $6.00...I was thrilled to find this product.
Anonymous 6/6/2017 4:28:49 PM    Reply
yeah I have the same problem but when its on the bottom how do you find the leak
plunger valve assembly
Posted 6/1/2016 9:48:56 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Plz help if you can. I'm a new owner of an 18x48 intex pool. Everything is together, but how does the plunger valve assembly and the threaded strainer connector for right up against the pool? I have the hoses connected to each end, but the parts that fit up against the side wall won't fit tight so when the pool is completely filled, water will leak out of the holes in the wall to put these parts into. Hope somebody understands and can help me. Thanks!

Anonymous 6/26/2016 5:38:23 AM    Reply
well i have same issue but i dont see a reply.
above ground pool vinyl repair
Posted 5/28/2016 7:35:40 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a hole is the side of my pool. I bought the same vinyl as my pool. Do I put the glue on the smooth side or the rough side of the vinyl?

Anonymous 7/16/2016 10:53:42 PM    Reply
the rough side
Pool liner
Posted 5/28/2016 12:51:23 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We just got a brand new pool ,still in the box that has been Sitting in a basement for years. Never opened,is the liner Still good or do we get a new one?

Anonymous 6/10/2016 8:38:34 PM    Reply
I would bet that the pool liner is just fine since it has been in the box just sitting in the basement. I would open the box and let it acclimatize to your environment before you start pulling it apart though. If I were you I would take it out of the box and let it sit for a couple of hours before you start unfolding it. My primary fear would be that the materials are sticking to each other and will be hard to pull apart. Just treat it gingerly and I bet it will set right up. Might take a bit of work but it should still be good.
JD
Posted 5/26/2016 9:40:46 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Should the pump be left on high speed all night after shocking?

abovground 16ft pool that cant stay out why?
Posted 4/30/2016 2:28:13 PM by Anonymous    Reply
i bought a pool last year and thought i could leave it out all winter but was told no by the people who make them. so had to empty it and put it away. if i was to put a fence all the way round do you think it would be ok. it is a steel framed one. thanks

Anonymous 6/22/2016 8:01:28 AM    Reply
The material the pool is not meant to endure the cold temperatures of winter. If left outside, the vinyl will degrade and weaken significantly. You should listen to the manufacturer
Annie
Posted 4/11/2016 3:39:14 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a 24ft above ground pool approximately 10 year old. The liner needs to be replaced due to a couple of tears. At the end of last season we noticed small, pinholes in the side walls of the pool. I wondered if they could be intentional to allow for pressure release in the event of a leaking liner, or are they due to the liner leaks. There is no visible rust on the sidewall. Thanks!

Anonymous 6/20/2016 8:03:46 AM    Reply
The pinholes are corrosion. Pin holes are normally found in aluminum pools. Your wall iscshoeing age.
Anonoymous
Posted 2/4/2016 8:32:10 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a 18ftx9ft pool bestway? we built a frame around this and it has mildew around this after erected the pool in Oct 2015 and now feb 16 help anyone else.

Anonymous 2/4/2016 8:35:35 AM    Reply
Typed that wrong, it has mildew around the outside of the pool, on the vinyl!! we have a double skinned wall with insulation in the middle of those 2 the a wooden frame around the whole pool. the pool has been in situ for 13weeks ready for the summer
Overfilled pool and now it's leaking?
Posted 8/7/2015 12:31:33 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We just recently picked up an inflatable Intex 10' pool. My husband put the hose in once our daughter had splashed a significant amount of water out. Once the pool was filled, it started losing water. We've searched for holes, bubbles, and can't find anything. We've had the pool for three weeks and used it about six times. Any suggestions?

Anonymous 8/14/2015 11:02:23 AM    Reply
You always call the store where you bought it and take it back asap!!
Anonymous 9/27/2015 5:23:51 PM    Reply
I actually have a? I could not figure out where to ask it on this site. So my ? Is I have an above ground pool and am taking down . I got all side supports down and the 4 elbows out but all the 3 inch round side tubes are stuck to the vinyl and have no idea how to slide them out without ruining the pool by slicing with a razor knife some have any ideas ?
need info i live in Colorado
Posted 7/25/2015 12:54:43 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I just bought an above ground pool Could I empty the water and leave the frame up all year?

Anonymous 8/2/2015 6:41:35 PM    Reply
Living in Colorado, winter's are hard. Take frame down and store everything inside. Then when you bring it out next last it will be ready to set up.
Anonymous 8/14/2015 11:08:00 AM    Reply
I have read online many people in colder climates leaves theirs up. They tell you how, search it out. We are in the Central US and going to leave ours up this year. Our neighbors have doe it for years and we get snow and ice. They haven't had any problems. (Always remove the pump and hoses and dry them well before storage)
Anonymous 6/20/2016 8:06:55 AM    Reply
Do not remove water and leave the frame up. The water is the pools structural strength.
i live in Co.
Posted 7/25/2015 12:48:54 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Bought an above ground pool could I empty it for the winter and leave it up all year?

Anonymous 6/20/2016 8:09:00 AM    Reply
NO! You can remove water to below skimmer and winterize. Do not remove water from pool, the water is the pools strength.
what did I do weong?!
Posted 7/20/2015 9:23:46 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We just purchased a Summer Escapes 16 by 42 inflatable ring top pool. I followed the directions leveled the ground and put a tarp down, but when I checked on the pool a few hours later the walls didn't rise up like the directions said they would, they just got wide, the photo shows the walls rising up to the top step on the latter, my walls have risen just above the bottom step. What did I do wrong?

Anonymous 8/2/2015 6:45:40 PM    Reply
I would have to say, when I put mine up it did the same thing, but when I heard it up when the water was going on it worked. You may have to ask a group of people to help.
Anonymous 8/14/2015 11:13:33 AM    Reply
Inflateable rig tops are a huge waste of money and cause dangerous skin burns for kids and adults. Do yourself a favor and invest in a good Frame Pool. We sent so much money on cheap pool and this year invested in an Ulrta Frame Pool. Best investment we eve made!!! We also got a better bladder $179 and worth every penny!!!
15 round pool out of level
Posted 7/18/2015 9:47:53 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I have 1and haft inch offline in 4 post on my pool help any sugestión out thaer.

Rusting Rim
Posted 7/10/2015 3:23:29 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a 5 yr old pool and when I opened it for the season, although the water was crystal clear, the bottom of the pool had rust below every post cap. When I contacted the place I bought the pool from I was told that due to the bad winter, the water rose and rusted the rim. The rusted rim is only under the post caps, not along the rails. That portion of the rim seems to have some type of cover over it. I have asked many of my neighbors with pools and this did not happen to any of them. Has anyone else ever experienced an issue like this? They will replace the parts but expect me to pay for the labor. As far as the stained line, they will give me some chemicals to take the rust stains out. The old pool that this replaced was in this same spot for 18 yrs and I didn't have a rust problem until I had it for 14 years and we had plenty of rough winters over those 14 years. Frustrated with being treated like an idiot!

Posted 7/10/2015 10:32:39 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Our above ground pool's vinyl liner gets a black mold/mildew looking substance along the top rim and inside the pool above water level. What is it and how do we get rid of it?

Anonymous 8/2/2015 6:49:51 PM    Reply
Sorry to say, but Black Mold/Mildew is because you din't close your pool right last fall. So what you can do is "SHOCK IT" keep pump running. "Shock it again!" until your beautiful is clear again.
Anonymous 8/14/2015 11:10:40 AM    Reply
I use a rag soaked in bleach and wipe it all down. Poof! All gone! Shock your water good and that should take care of it. :) (Do not get into the pool if Chlorine is above 3ppm)
help
Posted 7/4/2015 12:57:04 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I just got a 23 foot above ground pool. It's leveled really well. New liner. About half full and the outside wall have dented in. Is this normal.

Anonymous 8/2/2015 6:55:35 PM    Reply
you might need more people to help you out.Don't turn the water off, keep felling it up!
Anonymous 8/2/2015 7:00:18 PM    Reply
you might need more people to help you out.Don't turn the water off, keep felling it up!
walls movr
Posted 7/4/2015 9:58:25 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Is it ok for walls to sway when you swim or is there a problem I'm new to this,41122

Anonymous 8/7/2015 11:47:58 AM    Reply
Did anyone answer you? I have the same question. It's making me nervous.
Anonymous 8/14/2015 11:16:58 AM    Reply
What kind of pool? If its above ground, its vinyl and going to move some, but if you put enough water in it there shouldn't be a problem. Ultra Frame Pools are the best! Don't go for the flimsy metal frame pools.
Draining an above ground 18x48 pool
Posted 7/3/2015 10:51:39 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I need to drain my pool. I didn't do it over the winter and now I cant get it to clear. Can I just pull the plug on the side at the bottom or would that be too much pressure and break the pool?

Anonymous 8/14/2015 11:19:59 AM    Reply
There is a drain plug, you hook a water hose up to it and drain. You can just let it go out of the drain hole if you want the water in your yard around it. We prefer to drain it away form the pool and into another area. Also, if you use enough Shock it should clear up over time, but it may take more than one shocking.
Help
Posted 6/29/2015 7:51:49 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I just bought a 23 rectangle pool from canadain tire. Started filling it last night and we got home one of the metal braces pooped out! Trying to find a way to get it back in without emptying the pool

Very Bad Smell
Posted 6/29/2015 2:17:35 AM by Anonymous    Reply
We bought a summer escapes 10x10 inflatable ring pool and filled it seven days ago. Two days ago I started noticing an odd odour on my daughter and tonight when she got out it was so strong it made me nauseous. We havent put any chemicals in the pool...we have just been using the filter as the water has been clean. Any ideas about what this is and if I should be worried for her health? Her bathing suitstill smells like it after i washed it?

Anonymous 7/13/2015 8:46:05 PM    Reply
You still have to ad chlorine in the pool they make a powdered type for that pool go to.a pool store and get the right chemicals
Movement
Posted 6/26/2015 10:21:29 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Is it normal for the pool walls to move back and forth slightly? I just put up an Intex 15'x 48" metal frame pool and noticed the frame has a slight sway.

Anonymous 7/8/2016 5:22:12 PM    Reply
We have an Intex 12' X 36," and it sways a little, too. I think it's not surprising when you look at its construction.
ring has hole in it
Posted 6/22/2015 2:44:02 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Hi I have a 17" sofpool and the ring that goes in the pool has slices ware u air it up we have true to patch it up and we don't have the money for a new one is there anyway we can still fill up the pool and use it.?

Intex Pool
Posted 6/22/2015 8:15:55 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Hi, I just sold out above ground intex pool to a lady. After cleaning it, draining it, and taking it down the day before she is trying to tell me that there are cuts in it. She is saying "becuase there is white residue coming out I know these are old" Well, they are not old. So my question is what can the white residue be? I mean I know she had to have damaged it while transporting the pool, I would just like to be able to give her advice on what the residue is AND what would be best for her to use to patch the holes. Thank you!

just fillled pool
Posted 6/19/2015 12:12:23 PM by Anonymous    Reply
just filled pool an now can't stand bottom is to slick can you help

Anonymous 6/22/2015 8:19:16 AM    Reply
try to get some shock and swim. Thats what we used last summer to clean our pool with along with brushing the bottom.
PLEASE HELP ME! re: above ground pool & mechanically challenged girl= :(
Posted 6/13/2015 2:38:10 PM by Anonymous    Reply
hiya pool people! i just purchased an intex 18' x 48" round above ground pool for my son.i bought from a man on fb who assured me it had all required parts. FALSE. after enlisting the help of my brothers, they enlightened me that 4 metal bars & 4 t's (couplings?) are MIA. PERFECT! i promised my son i'd have this puppy up in a jiffy. FALSE. i live in BFE where there are no pool stores nearby.however,if i wanted to purchase a goat or a milking cow-no problem...but..i don't know how to get a goat or a milking cow to stand in one place to support the pool so...> option b: operation scavenger hunt is now in effect. i say i could use pvc couplings & some pvc pipe. one brother agrees (the cool one) & the other brother says no way (the buttmunch). any help? any suggestions? please?! help a girl out here? :) thanks in advance! no parts pool chick.

Anonymous 6/29/2015 11:31:42 PM    Reply
i have a pool that is the exact size that i was setting up and a storm took it and destroyed it against my house, but i have some poles and tee's that survived. im in missouri. also ebay has used ones you can buy also that are used.
unlevel above ground pool
Posted 6/9/2015 11:39:21 AM by Anonymous    Reply
We bought a used 24 foot above ground pool. We dug out the sod, brought in sand, got a new liner. As we began to fill it, it seems to be unravel. It is off up to 2.25 inches in a certain area! The posts seem to be straight and the to rails are level. Is this ok? We already have about 2 foot of water in it!!! Thanks!

Anonymous 8/14/2015 11:24:04 AM    Reply
Our Vinyl Pool sits on a tarp on the grass and is never completely level. My husband puts wood squares (sanded edges) under the poles before he fills it up. He still never gets it level. This year one side is way higher, but it works so no big deal. You just can't make the water level perfect. One side will be lower, one side will be higher. We can live with that.
17ft round pool liners?
Posted 6/6/2015 10:53:22 PM by Anonymous    Reply
anybody know where to get a 17ft round 52in deep replacement liner for less than the cost of a new pool. Or has anybody tried putting an 18ft liner in a 17ft pool with any luck.

Anonymous 7/1/2015 10:09:55 PM    Reply
Poolfly.com there prices are good
What has more room , a intex Soft sided inflateable pool or a intex soft sided framed pool
Posted 6/5/2015 5:16:26 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a 10ft soft sided inflateable top ring pool which has served me well but it does bulge from base to middle and tapper in at the top. I'm not sure whether to buy a framed pool instead for the children. I can't get a bigger pool as the area on decking is only a certain size. Will a framed pool give more swim room in the pool or less . Has any one compared the two and advise me please . Thanks

Anonymous 6/16/2015 10:36:50 PM    Reply
I have had both. The metal bars on the side make more swim room as the one with the tube around the top goes in and make less swim room.
Anonymous 8/14/2015 11:26:09 AM    Reply
Do yourself a favor and invest in a good Ultra Frame Pool..... those inflatable ring pools are crap. They won't last and cause skin burns when they get hot!

Posted 6/3/2015 8:41:46 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have an 18x52 intex pool. The water is clear, but everytime I vacuum the pool, a couple of hours later there is sand in the bottom of the pool again. Does this mean a leak in the liner or something else?

Anonymous 6/4/2015 9:40:51 AM    Reply
This means the fingers in your sand tank is broken. It is allowing sand to return to your pool instead of just water going through it. Replace the sand and pipe with the little filter fingers and you won't have the problem no more.
Above ground pool
Posted 6/3/2015 8:26:53 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Couple of my above ground upright posts seem to be angle outward at the top will or is this going to b a problem with my pool falling or something. I only have about 10" of water in it now. I don't know if I fill will it fix itself. My water is off by less than 1" now. Just want to make sure before I fill

Anonymous 6/4/2015 9:38:18 AM    Reply
It's ok it will push back out when you fill the pool back up.
vac,
Posted 5/30/2015 8:29:22 PM by Anonymous    Reply
whats the best vacume for 24 ft intex pool, bottom is not smoooth, and dont want one that hooks up to hoses, just one u can put n pool and vac myself?????

Anonymous 5/31/2015 8:46:14 PM    Reply
I would suggest the pool shark robot. It works well with the above grounds!
went to set up pool and trying to find a pin size whole or leak
Posted 5/28/2015 7:29:55 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We ended up moving the pool over a few feet while we leveled out the one side this year... but when we went to fill it we noticed after it had only about 4 or 5 inches of water in it that there was some water on the outside of the pool... we cant find where it is leaking.. tried the dye thing and don't know if its leaking enough to be concerned or how to go about this... Kind of looks like it may just be seeping a little through the seam of the pool ... any suggestions?

Anonymous 5/31/2015 8:49:44 PM    Reply
Did you replace the liner? If so you may have gotten a pin hole in it and it's leaking slowly. Also if you put down wet sand then sometimes the water weight will push the water out from under the liner out if the sand.
Anonymous 5/31/2015 8:54:32 PM    Reply
Or try looking for an indent in the sand under the liner. I've installed pools for years and truthfully the dye test is silly just something meant for show lol best way is to fill completely up an go snorkeling up close in the general are of the water. The hole will be a tiny black spot clearly seen just take your time. Hope this helps.
Anonymous 7/12/2015 8:58:49 PM    Reply
I looked for a way to find leaks on youtube and none of them worked since my pool is on a cement slab. I got a spark of genius and took a football pump and put the needle by where it was leaking and pumped hard. I immediately got bubbles and a bead on the spot needing a patch. 3 holes later and 10 minutes of time...back in business!
converting to salt water system
Posted 5/16/2015 8:44:54 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I have 24 foot ubove ground aluminum pool and i want to convert it to salt water system i was told that can not be done because it will start to rust , i then went to another pool store and was tod that i can do it if i have the pool grounded by professional electrician , has anyone done this like to know Thanks

Anonymous 5/31/2015 5:48:07 PM    Reply
Honestly aluminum doesn't rust. Grounding a pool never heard of that either but that's simple as nailing a rod into the ground 30" and attached wire to the pool.
Anonymous 6/3/2015 8:08:11 PM    Reply
Did he tell you why grounding a pool had anything to do with rusting? And i just bought an intex pool with a salt pump and ive been told it does rust. Did u ever change over and if so how is it doing?
Filthy above ground pool
Posted 5/12/2015 7:10:35 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have an above ground pool (very large)and extremely filthy... I emptied all of the water that I could, but their is 6-8 inches of filth, debris and junk at bottom. How do I empty this out and clean the liner so I can refill? Also, I had cleared as much as I could last season and refilled (using a filling service and had problems all season). Help please

Anonymous 5/25/2015 11:55:03 AM    Reply
I am having the same issue. I even used a pump to get the water level down lower but there's still about an inch of water left. The pool had not been opened last year and so the "water" that is left is very thick, more like pond scum actually. I have no idea how to finish emptying it. Thoughts?
Anonymous 5/29/2015 11:39:58 PM    Reply
Shop vac
Anonymous 6/8/2015 8:10:08 AM    Reply
We use a wet/dry shop vac, get one that can pump out the water you are filling it with. Try to get out as much of the big stuff- leaves, etc with a net as it will just continue to clog the filter. It takes us a couple days of vacuuming to clear the last few inches of water, then we use a mop and scrub brushes to clean the liner before refilling.
Anonymous 6/25/2015 9:32:23 AM    Reply
Using pool net, get out as much debris as possible then use a shop vac and a long handle brush broom. I found it easier to brush the area as you empty to keep the dirt from cooking onto the bottom by the sun. Makes cleaning much easier because after it is baked on it takes mega elbow grease to get it off, even in clean water.
Intex 6 Way Valve Problems
Posted 5/12/2015 3:05:15 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I'm having some issues with my intex 6 way valve on my filter. After installing it and turning it on to backwash for the first time it built no pressure and I had water coming out from around the valve. I noticed that my clamp wasn't on correctly, now the problem is the valve won't go far enough into the filter to allow me to put the clamp on. I'm at my ends wit here. Any help is appreciated

Anonymous 5/31/2015 8:59:43 PM    Reply
The head has a round rubber gasket that allows it to seal. It's hard to press down sometimes but you have to make sure the pipe in the tank is dead center and the head slides down over it just right.
Tiny pin holes in bottom of our new 18x52 intex we just put up.
Posted 5/2/2015 10:35:09 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Any thing we can just fill the holes with with out patching every one? Any liquid that will just fill the holes? We have not filled it yet. Please help.

Anonymous 5/2/2015 6:25:00 PM    Reply
Same problem here, I'm beside myself no clue what to do
Anonymous 5/31/2015 9:02:23 PM    Reply
If it's an overlap liner then cut your patches from the liner on the outside to match the inside. Then just use patch kit glue to seal it under water.
Anonymous 5/15/2015 1:10:45 PM    Reply
Flex seal
Losing water over winter months
Posted 4/12/2015 8:22:14 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I live in Connecticut and now that the snow and ice is melted off the pool cover I can see that the water level in my above ground pool has gone down dramatically over the Winter Months. I have a new liner so I don't think it is a leak. Any ideas why?

Anonymous 7/8/2015 8:34:37 PM    Reply
The snow and ice probably pushed water out as it thawed. Happens to us in CT too.
Anonymous 7/22/2015 6:00:36 AM    Reply
I had the same problem with my Intex pool in the cold Ohio winter. I noticed the plugs on bottom of pool popped from the freezing water and the drains on the outside of pool loosened as well, thus letting the pool leak. I bought some 10 pound sand weights that I place on pool plugs inside pool and continiously checked the pool drains on outside of pool the following winter and there was no leaks. Not sure if this can help you, but at least look into this winter!
DOUBLE LINER
Posted 4/11/2015 4:24:12 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I just bought a 27 foot from a friend and it has a good liner just stained badly. can i get someone tell me if doubling the liner will cause problems me and and my better half are having different views about the subject lmfao

Anonymous 4/11/2015 4:26:14 PM    Reply
I have done it and worked very well in the past it made the liner tougher and more durable
Anonymous 5/31/2015 9:05:49 PM    Reply
No problems what so ever. Kinda like using a thinner happy bottom they sell for pools.only problem I would see is if you did get a hole then you might never know it.it would be hard to find for sure.
New Install - 18x33 - wall bends out??
Posted 4/7/2015 2:22:28 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Just had an 18x33 AGP professionally installed. Now that it is full of water, I notice that the wall is flat in some areas but in others, the wall bends out around the vertical supports. It's very obvious. With our last pool, I couldn't even tell where the supports were, the wall was smooth the entire way around it. I'm concerned that this is a problem that should be addressed? Thanks in advance! Mary

Anonymous 4/11/2015 4:34:51 PM    Reply
For certain if it was professionally installed they should have done it right the first time,, unless the bulges do not bother you it is your call whether to make them do it right and make it even all around. it will not hurt to leave it like it is though. but if were me and my money they would be fixin it for sure
Anonymous 5/31/2015 9:12:14 PM    Reply
The new ovals have middle uprights that are straight and at a 90 degree angle.the ends are not so much. It is fine for it to be that way. No worries. The track is circular on the ends so it's most likely gonna show one way or another.the important thing is the middle uprights are even and they used lots an lots of sand to cover the bands and plates that stretch across the bottom.
Vacuum for small above ground pool
Posted 4/4/2015 12:48:38 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a small above ground pool (118" x 78"), about 900 gallons, with a salt water system and a sand filter pump. What vacuum would be good for that? I'd like to have as little maintenance as possible.

Rusting supports on Intex pool
Posted 3/31/2015 12:28:36 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have an 18 x 52 Intex Ultrframe pool with the salt water ionizer. We love our pool but we are having to replace it because the support poles, many of them, completely rusted out. What can I do to the new pool before installation to help prevent rust. I have heard of rust bullet paint, has anyone tried something like this? Any input is appreciated.

above ground pool cover holding water
Posted 3/11/2015 5:15:35 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Is there any way to keep water from building up on my cover?This is giving me fits.

Anonymous 4/10/2015 4:44:49 PM    Reply
The best solution I have found is a frame work of pvc pipes & plastic sheeting.
Anonymous 6/18/2015 9:55:18 AM    Reply
Do you have pics of how you dd this or instructions please thanks
Above ground pool split outer wall
Posted 3/1/2015 8:07:25 AM by Anonymous    Reply
During this winter, the outer wall of the pool split from top to bottom. The liner is bulging out. The water is frozen, but I can see the water where the liner is pulling away from the inside of the pool. I cannot drain any water from the top of the cover or from the pool since the water is frozen. The pool is coming down this spring. What can I do now to prevent a disaster until I can drain the water and take the pool down?

Posted 2/28/2015 6:44:26 PM by Anonymous    Reply
My brother wants to set up an above ground pool in late February but wants to leave it empty until May when it will be warm enough to use it. Is this a wise thing to do?

Anonymous 6/2/2015 4:50:33 PM    Reply
Not a good thing to do, the walls may buckle in from strong wind's78711
How do I drain a pool without overloading septic system?
Posted 12/22/2014 5:12:06 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I bought a house this summer that has an above ground pool. This is not a cheap intex pool, but I want to get rid of the whole thing. I don't have the time or knowledge to maintain the pool and would rather use the area for gardening. I also live in an area with septic systems and don't want to overload the septic system in order to drain the pool before I get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Anonymous 1/24/2015 7:06:47 AM    Reply
If intex is soo cheap and you the man with the golden dollar why you so cheap and not buy urself a house with an inground swimming pool or have one installed scroodge mcbroke ass
Anonymous 4/10/2015 4:46:35 PM    Reply
That's uncalled for.
Anonymous 4/28/2015 9:53:00 AM    Reply
That was not nice. If you can read the person said it was NOT a cheap pool. Are you an Intex representative? Why are you snapping on the person when YOU obviously read the text wrong? Now THAT was un called for
ALGAE
Posted 9/7/2014 5:58:15 PM by Anonymous    Reply
MY POOL HAS AN ALGAE ISSUE, I AM VACUMMING IT AND COMING UP WELL BUT COMING BACK INTO THE POOL VIA THE RETURN. WHAT DO I DO?

Anonymous 1/14/2015 11:05:24 AM    Reply
Are you shocking the pool before hand? If not, shock the pool and allow it to circulate for at least 8 hours. Then vacuum the pool to waste and backwash your filter. Once you've done that add some algaecide and you should be fine. Unless it's mustard algae, then I suggest going to your local pool store.
Anonymous 7/4/2015 8:00:21 PM    Reply
also I know it wastes water but I vacuum to waste my pool stays so much cleaner I don't even run it through the filter
Anonymous 6/1/2015 7:23:48 PM    Reply
We have had the same problem until we bought the salt water filter last year. We bought the "Green to Blue" algae kit at Walmart. Follow the instructions and it will sink all the algae to the bottom. Then we set up the vacuum to drain outside the pool. It worked great.
DARK SUBSTANCE THAT APPEARS ON BOTTOM OF POOL
Posted 8/24/2014 9:40:12 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I FAILED TO MENTION THAT IT IS AN INTEX 18 X 48 FOOT POOL AND THAT WE RUN THE PUMP 24/7

DARK SUBSTANCE THAT APPEARS ON BOTTOM OF POOL
Posted 8/24/2014 9:35:51 AM by Anonymous    Reply
WE CLEAN THE FILTER DAILY AND VACUUM OFTEN BUT KEEP GETTING A DARK SUBSTANCE SCATTERED ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL THAT WHEN APPROACHED BY THE VACUUM BREAKS UP AND DISPERSES IN THE WATER WITHOUT ANY EFFORT(IN OTHER WORDS NO SCRUBBING) AND THEN AGAIN THE FOLLOWING MORNING SHOWS UP AGAIN AND IT ALMOST LOOKS LIKE A CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE FROM THE WAY IT DISPERCE ?

Anonymous 8/27/2014 12:14:51 PM    Reply
For what reason do you yell?
Anonymous 7/22/2015 6:03:52 AM    Reply
Algea..need to vacuum to waste, not to filter..then add water as needed....recommend using algea killer first to keep algea at bottom of pool and not break up when vacuuming
How can you unstick the poles from the liner of the pool ?
Posted 8/20/2014 10:34:05 PM by Anonymous    Reply
HELP need idea how to unstick the liner from the poles due to heat from the sun? !! WOW!

Anonymous 9/28/2014 4:03:46 PM    Reply
did anyone get back to you?? We are having the same problem. Can't put my pool away because we can't get the vinyl off the poles. grrrr
Anonymous 10/7/2014 8:29:50 PM    Reply
I'm having the same problem, You can knead the liner to loosen it from the poles. Very hard on the top of your hands when you slowly peel away the liner from inside the support holes. You can only reach so far. Very tedious, time consuming ordeal.
Anonymous 2/22/2015 9:50:24 PM    Reply
I sprayed thru the upright holes with wd40 and turned the pole so it could soak awhile.(2 days) It worked!!! Also used pliers to grab liner and shake using the poles weight to break it loose. I placed Velcro on pliers jaws to prevent ripping liner.
I have a 18" X 36" round above ground pool
Posted 7/12/2014 2:33:47 PM by Anonymous    Reply
need to know how many pounds of shock treatment to put in. And please don't give an answer in "volume or pounds per. etc...just a simple 1, or 2, or 3 will do. Thank you.

Anonymous 8/8/2014 7:36:50 AM    Reply
just 2 bags of the 1 2 3 swim and my pool is a 18ft doughboy
how long do i have to wait to get in my pool
Posted 7/6/2014 12:56:32 AM by Anonymous    Reply
can anyone tell me how long I have to wait to get in my pool I bought it from big lots it's the 17 by 52 inch I have to put 1 inch of hth chlorine how long will I have to wait to be able to go swimming in my pool

Incorrect instalation of hosess to the filter
Posted 7/4/2014 9:33:20 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I installed incorrect the hoses to the filter and now the water is cloudy. Is the filter still OK ? How to clean the water? Thanks

Help with Sand Pump and other question
Posted 6/23/2014 3:29:39 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have an intex 18' x 48" frame above ground pool. We found a used Hayward Power Flo LX pump that uses sand (I'm sure everyone else knows this but I didn't) Does this pump have to use a chlorease with it? Or can you just use the sand pump. I was tired of buying chemicals all the time. And we found this. Can someone PLEASE tell me what I should do or need to do. There is a Smart Pool Chlorease (whatever) with it. Does that need to be connected also? I really would just like to have the sand pump but I don't know if it needs the other or not. Can someone help me.

Leaving for the weekend
Posted 6/19/2014 3:24:11 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We have a 14' great escapes above ground pool. We are leaving for the weekend and are uncomfortable leaving the pump working while we are gone. What will happen to the water if it sits covered for three days?

Junybug@sbcglobal.net
Posted 4/7/2014 4:29:05 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Is there any way of putting a new liner of other brands into a intex pool, we are tired of having to buy a new pool every year because intex has is set ip where you cant just but a liner and it leaks every new one we get we have to keep this pool brand necause we only have room for a 16 ft pool and i guess other brands are not making them anymore , and we are desperate and going broketrying to keep a intex pool from leaking ughhhh!! Any help on this would be so greatly apreciated thanks !

Anonymous 6/1/2014 2:27:21 PM    Reply
ONLY 10 STEPS to fix this, level of difficulty 1-2? I have a successful diy hardware adaptation to my intex pool which allows the use of any overlap pool liner (I use this OVER my original intex liner, which has not leaked once in the 8 yrs I've had it...go figure). You will need to buy the following at a local hardware store: 32 carriage bolts and nuts, aluminum flashing (this comes in a perforated metal strip found rolled in a coil, usually in the plumbing section, you may need to widen the perforations), aluminum casing both 3/4" and 1/4" enough for 16 sections each size (this aluminum casing should be a square U shape , which will prevent the liner from rolling out), and 32 small (1/4" ) flat headed bolts and nuts. My pool is 18 feet and has 18 sections of horizontal steel pipes at the top of the pool. I'm assuming you have 16 sections to work on. For just ONE section, it involves the following: Step One: Replace the 2 plastic pins at the end of the section with a carriage bolt and pre-thread with the original clear plastic rings to prevent rusting. Step Two: Cut two (approximately 1-1/2") pieces of aluminum flashing and attach under the section at the threaded end of the carriage bolt, secure with a nut. (Note: the flashing should be at a 90 degree angle, sticking out/away from the pool edge) Step Three: Cut a 3/4" piece of aluminum casing (16 pieces total) the BOTTOM width of your pool section, (to fit between the vertical pipes on each side). Step Four: Cut the 1/4" casings the same length but set them aside for now. Step Five: Drill a hole at the end of EACH 3/4" CASING ONLY. Pre-measure the location so they line up to a perforation at the free end of the flashing, AND make sure the drill bit used is the with of the threaded end of the 1/4" bolt, no wider. Step Six: Drop a 1/4" bolt into the 3/4" casing so that the head rests flat on the inside and the threaded end comes out through the bottom of the casing. Step Seven: Attach the 3/4" casing to the flashing; thread the 1/4" bolt into the end of perforated flashing, secure with a nut. You should now have a section of 3/4" casing running parallel and attached to the horizontal pipe of your pool, able to freely move up and down due to the flashing. MOST IMPORTANTLY the casing should be able to "CURL" up so that the OPEN side of the flashing (the top of the "U") can rest against the horizontal pipe. If necessary adjust the length of the flashing so the 3/4" casing DOESN'T curl up so high that swimmers can grab hold of it when holding onto the edge of the pool. Step Eight: Put your overlap liner in the pool, fill (about 2 inches) to cover the pool bottom and get out wrinkles. The edge of the liner should be draped over the pool edge. Step Nine: Place the 1/4" aluminum casing you cut earlier at the edge of the pool liner and roll it up in the excess pool liner. Step Ten: Push the 1/4" casing with the liner wrapped around it INTO the 3/4" casing. You will have to work with the liner to see how many times to roll up so that it fits into the 3/4" casing. If you have done this correctly the pull of the water on the liner will pull the 3/4" casing up against the horizontal steel pipe and "TRAP" the 1/4" casing inside. As it is square in shape it will not roll out. Best of luck. If a busy mom of three can do this anyone can!!!
Anonymous 6/1/2014 2:35:59 PM    Reply
Additionally, I would sand off all rough edges of the 3/4" aluminum casing as well as the flashing.
Overflowing above ground pool
Posted 4/7/2014 4:47:15 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Does anyone have any info about any fitting you can connect your skimmer box (for an above ground pool) so when the pool gets to almost overflowing the water automatically drains into your waste water system. I live in an area where we get large downpours overnight and would like to be sure the pool does not overflow while I asleep. Also if I'm away for a period of time. I've seen this feature fitted to in-ground pools so it makes sense something exists for above ground pools

need the track or rim for my 12 x 24 foot oval pool .
Posted 3/24/2014 6:03:25 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have been searching for a zodiac /Tradewinds 12 x 24 oval 1" rim set. I can not find any place that has it. Can i use another rim set that is almost the same? I just paid 500.00 dollars for this pool and lost 3 parts comming home.. please help me save the pool i just bought. .

is it necessary to change water 24ft pool
Posted 2/24/2014 4:47:05 AM by Anonymous    Reply
i bought my pool 3 months ago and i live in africa means 6 month of summer i never had problem with cleaning the water i use all the chemicals correct but a week ago the water got cloudy and since then the filter pump is on and no good result till now i added shock and chlorine nothing changed should i change the water or no need thanks .

Above ground pool vacuum issues
Posted 12/1/2013 10:28:06 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We have a a pool vacuum that attaches to a water hose. Every time we use it the pool starts overflowing. Are we doing something wrong? This is our first pool experience.

Anonymous 6/15/2014 12:49:56 PM    Reply
how do i connect the hose and where to vacum dirt up
Anonymous 10/10/2014 6:04:15 AM    Reply
I have the same time type of vacuum. When you vacuum, it's putting water into the pool as it sucks up the debris, so you can do either, (1) let about 2-3 inches of water out of the pool just before you vacuum, or, (2) keep an eye on the water level while vacuuming and drain as needed. Either way you'll have to drain a couple of inches.
How do I clean the dirt and grime off the pool railing I have a bestway rectangle pool
Posted 10/26/2013 7:56:08 PM by Anonymous    Reply
The pool railing where the the poles go into get filthy from people leaning over the top of the pool how do I clean this off

how long can above the ground pool be empty
Posted 7/25/2013 6:26:25 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I bought a house with a pool. the last owner empty the pool before leaving. It has been a month since I moved to the house. Can I clean the pool and fill it with water??? what will happen to the linning if the pool was empty for a month for the month of july???

Saltwater System Smoking
Posted 7/24/2013 8:56:19 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I've had my saltwater system running for 2 months and it has been wonderful! Today when I was cleaning the pool as I do every morning, I smelled smoke. The smoke was coming from my saltwater system. I unplugged the system and the smoking did eventually stop. What do I do now? Does this mean I have to get a new one? And what happens to the pool in the meantime?

Can you buy something to turn pool into spa/hotub
Posted 7/10/2013 8:33:18 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Hi very new to this have bought a Bestway easyset 10ft pool trying to find out if i can buy something to turn it into a quasi hot tub any ideas?

IS THERE A GOOD PRODUCT TO CLEAN RIM ON ABOVE GROUND OOL
Posted 7/8/2013 2:04:56 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I can't seem to find a product that will clean the rim of the pool. I have tried soap, bleach, even sos pad.....nothing works. Any suggestions?48731

Anonymous 9/8/2013 9:35:39 AM    Reply
The only thing I have found that works is the Mr. Clean eraser! Works great!
Anonymous 8/2/2014 9:55:20 AM    Reply
Lysol WIPES!!!! YELLOW WIPES SPARKLING CLEAN!
can't get pool water clear
Posted 5/23/2013 11:42:29 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a 24ft round above ground pool. I opened it up 2 weeks ago and it was green. I added shock and algaecide based on recommended doses the pool cleared up a little bit but there now is a pile of fine debris in the middle of the pool. When I go to vacuum it just shoots it right back out from the jet. I have a cartridge filtration system with no backwash ability. I have tried shock and algaecide several times and have cleaned filter 2x per day. any suggestions?

Anonymous 6/26/2013 11:14:58 AM    Reply
When you sweep the pool do not filter it back into the pool filter to waste instead this will throw all the dead algae out of the pool.
Anonymous 7/10/2013 6:40:49 PM    Reply
We had the same problem, we had to buy a sand filter system and the pool was cleared to swim in, in 5 days. We had already bought a new cartridge for this season and it didn't do a bit of good. we wasted alot of time and money this year all because of the cartridge filter system. I will never have another one.
Anonymous 4/28/2014 8:51:18 AM    Reply
I'm a new pool owner with well water..i don't like chemicals..i use the BBB method..Bleach.Baking soda and Borax..(20 mule team ). Research on poolforum.com. My water is crystal clear everything is balanced perfectly without all the toxic chemicals and no chlorine odor..i have an above ground intex 16x48..wash the filter out 2-3 times a day..once it is clear replace with new filter and enjoy...borax raises the ph if needed.replaces soda ash..bleach replaces the high cost of chlorine tablets and the soda balances total alkalinty..
Anonymous 7/2/2015 9:38:22 AM    Reply
How much of each BBB is used. My pool is two weeks old and already slick on the bottom and sides. 16ft by 48" above ground.thanks Jerry
Sta-rite system 3 DE in ground pool filter
Posted 5/13/2013 10:18:32 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Can I use a Sta-Rite Systen 3 DE inground pool filter on a 24 round above ground pool?

Wall coming away from rails
Posted 4/6/2013 1:13:49 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Over the winter part of the metal liner has a angle to it, it looks like the wall is coming away from the rail, the area is right by the pool filter, you can see the outline of the rail bolts from the inside of the pool. Any ideas on what could cause this to happen and how do I fix it?

Anonymous 5/12/2014 10:15:50 AM    Reply
WE just took the cover of our pool yesterday, only to find too that the liner pulled away from the rail in two spots, we drained the watewr and are going to see if it can be pooled up. Have owned an above pool fopr very long time and this has never happened before . We were wondering if it had anything to do with the drastic , horrible frifgid winter we had, we also winterize so we are puzzled. Looking for suggestionsalso
Anonymous 4/26/2015 5:03:16 PM    Reply
Ya I got the same thing only a lot bigger area and looks like there might be a crease. pool is draining slowly. a deck sirts on half the pool and it seams to be the deck side. I installed pool my self 6 years ago, used . woundering what caused it. My email is nivek60@outlook.com would love to talk to peole about this.
Sticky feeling on ring of above ground pool
Posted 9/15/2012 12:40:04 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Our ring is sticky feeling. I have cleaned it with dish soap, bleach, laundry soap. Nothing seems to cut it. I do not know what it is.pollen? I am afraid when we pack it away it will stick to itself. I read tha the life of above ground poo, is three years, but it world so well this year. It's thurd... Help!!!

Anonymous 10/9/2012 9:07:08 PM    Reply
we are expacts in pool cleaning and what is wrong with your pool is acute phytoplankton attack of which we have what it takes to wash it off your pool and you will continue to enjoy the as our cleaning treatment prolongs the pool by 1 and half year send me mail on omenmayor@gmail.com
Anonymous 8/16/2015 3:33:26 PM    Reply
We are having the same problem :(. Did you ever get any legit suggestions ?
Our pool is being eaten
Posted 9/1/2012 6:23:28 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We got a 15' Intex Easy Set given to us, and have spent the summer patching holes that develop in the inflatable ring around the top. There are crusty black spots of algae/mold that appear to be causing the holes. How do we get rid of the algae, or do we have to replace the pool?

Anonymous 7/17/2013 5:59:44 PM    Reply
we're looking for the same answers. Did you have any luck?
Anonymous 9/22/2014 4:45:24 PM    Reply
This is not algae. This is could be mold that is eating the material on your inflatable ring. It happened to 2 of our Intex pools and also the same thing happened to my neighbors Intex pool as well. There is nothing that you can do to prevent it from happening. We just ended up getting a full size above ground. No more rubber pools for us.
Where to drain the pool?
Posted 8/2/2012 3:51:21 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I've looked around on the web and, (as usual), see a bunch of different answers to the problem of "Where do I drain the saltwater?" It did make sense that I'd be dumping 80 lbs. of salt on our front yard, so I'd appreciate some advice...

Anonymous 8/29/2012 6:26:16 PM    Reply
Hook up a water hose and drain it into your house drain system. You are right you don't want to put that much salt onto your lawn. Just a question, why are you draining?
new 15 ft. intex pool sueham@embarqm ail.com
Posted 9/2/2011 8:04:06 PM by Anonymous    Reply
my pool has leaked eversince l put it up.your web sight says l would have to be responsible for shipping it back,l donot think that is fair since it had to be defective when l got it,l have emptied it out three times and found two holes,l patched them filled it back up and it still leaks,l have only had it since July 14 of this year.if you cannot do better on the warenty l will never purchase anything else from intheswim.l am not new to having above ground pools,this is my third on never had this problem before.l think you could at least send me a liner to put in it maybe tha would work.

Overflow of above ground plastic pool
Posted 7/21/2011 12:47:36 AM by Anonymous    Reply
We noted that our 12' floating ring pool was very low w/ what looked like a flood in our back yard. Suspecting an overflow issue, we filled it while watching. I managed to catch some on video -- pretty cool and definitely a waste of water when it's over-filled. If there is any way to post the video, I would love to share. Thx, SK

salt water generator
Posted 4/30/2011 11:55:53 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I am thinking about buying one of these for my 27 round above ground pool....what do you think about the salt water generator?

Anonymous 3/28/2012 9:26:50 AM    Reply
I'm currently using a salt water system but plan on switching to regular chlorine. I'm starting to see rust on top rails and the bottom wall track. I was concerned about rust when I purchased the salt system but never saw any negative feedback at the time. The salt system is so easy to use. It pretty much takes care of itself but my pool isn't going to last very long staying with that system.
Anonymous 10/9/2012 9:09:49 PM    Reply
it is very good and we can teach you how to maintain so that it last better for a pleasurable use okaldan@yahoo.com
Anonymous 2/15/2014 9:14:24 PM    Reply
I have an above ground pool and just bought a Chlorinator to convert to saltwater. After I purchased it I was told about the rust problems that can occur. I was going to paint the pool sides and rails with Rustoleum. Would that help with the rust issues? Any advise you have will be greatly appreciated.
pool bottom never gets clean
Posted 4/14/2011 9:55:18 PM by Anonymous    Reply
we have a 24 ft intex metal pool and always have dirt sand leaves on bottom and can not grt out, will a bigger pump work or what do i need to do?

Anonymous 5/14/2012 4:18:11 PM    Reply
You will have to get a pool vacum in order to get that sand off the botom. That is the only way I can get mine clean...
To clean algae on the bottom
Posted 9/26/2010 12:16:26 PM by Anonymous    Reply
do you have to get in the pool to vacuum the algae first or do you treat first then vacuum

Anonymous 4/20/2012 2:06:44 PM    Reply
Treat first
Paintballs in pool water
Posted 9/5/2010 3:33:47 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Someone shot paint balls into my above ground pool, there was about ten paintballs in the pool. Vacuum the pool and removed all the paints balls, but there is a haze from the liqiud of the paintballs on my water. its looks like heavy oil and is sticky. Will this hurt my vinyl or my De filter?

Anonymous 9/18/2010 1:06:32 PM    Reply
Yes
lifeguard 10/27/2011 3:45:55 PM    Reply
Two popular brands of pool enzymes are Orb-3 and Natural Chemistry. They can help remove the unwanted oil slick that is on the surface of the pool.
sorry
Posted 8/5/2010 6:29:38 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Sorry for the double post. The top of the page said I had an invalid number.

Help??? New to the joys of a home pool
Posted 8/5/2010 6:28:40 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I was given a pool this summer. It is a 8' X 30" round Quickset Ring pool. I have it filled and the filer/pump hooked up and running. I bought one of those hth pop-up pool start up and maintenance kits for it. I have NO idea what I am supposed to put in the pool first or how much. You might want to double check but I think my pool holds 640 gallons? I am finding nothing online for care instructions for a pool this small. Could you PLEASE help me? I need to know what I need to put in the pool first, and how much, and second and third. The chemicals I got in the kit are: 1. stabilizer & conditioner 2. chlorinating granules (the filter holds the tablets tho) 3. shock 'n swim I also have the test strips and a kit to test that has the yellow and red drops you add. I have read the booklet that came with these chemicals, I just dont understand what to do. Even on the bottles, it tells you how much to add, however it starts out at 2500 gallons! Im not sure how to get a reply on here, but if you could, please email me at jenn46350@gmail.com unless you get a message stating you have a reply. I guess I will find out! Thank you sooo much in advance! Jenn

Anonymous 4/28/2014 9:04:56 AM    Reply
Hi jenn I'm no expert but I have been learning a lot with the BBB method.test your water first.then you want to use the Bleac Baking soda and Borax methods..poolforum.com is a very good website to learn from..you will go broke buying the chemicals recommended..google BBB method for swimming pools..hope this helps..works great for me...Tams..
Help??? New to the joys of a home pool
Posted 8/5/2010 5:47:40 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I was given a pool this summer. It is a 8' X 30" round Quickset Ring pool. I have it filled and the filer/pump hooked up and running. I bought one of those hth pop-up pool start up and maintenance kits for it. I have NO idea what I am supposed to put in the pool first or how much. You might want to double check but I think my pool holds 640 gallons? I am finding nothing online for care instructions for a pool this small. Could you PLEASE help me? I need to know what I need to put in the pool first, and how much, and second and third. The chemicals I got in the kit are: 1. stabilizer & conditioner 2. chlorinating granules (the filter holds the tablets tho) 3. shock 'n swim I also have the test strips and a kit to test that has the yellow and red drops you add. I have read the booklet that came with these chemicals, I just dont understand what to do. Even on the bottles, it tells you how much to add, however it starts out at 2500 gallons! Im not sure how to get a reply on here, but if you could, please email me at jenn46350@gmail.com unless you get a message stating you have a reply. I guess I will find out! Thank you sooo much in advance! Jenn

hayward h100id
Posted 7/24/2010 5:24:26 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a hayward h100id,pool heater,last summer I had no problems at all with my heater,this spring,when I went to fire it off, it would not light.My inlet and outlet gas pressures are good,measured with a yellow jacket gas pressure test gauge.Igniter does spark,I carefully took it out and screwed it to the bottom of heater enclosure.Could see a decent size arc from one rod to the other.Also cleaned orfices and burner tubes.Still will not light.

hole on bottom side of pool
Posted 6/21/2010 1:48:13 PM by Anonymous    Reply
anyone have any luck in repairing an above ground inflatable pool with a significant hole maybe 2 -3 inches long? wasn't sure if it was worth trying to fix or just purchase a new one?

ABOVE GROUND POOL WALL
Posted 6/14/2010 3:20:15 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a 24' round above the ground pool. a couple of months ago something caused the outer wall to split wide open and bend up about 8' of pool wall and a few rail braces. the rest of the pool is fine. can this be fixed? if anyone has any ideas I would like to hear them.

Anonymous 9/18/2010 1:09:24 PM    Reply
No dude or dudette
Anonymous 9/26/2014 10:40:09 AM    Reply
hi do you have a pic of the pool mine was almost 16 yrs old.and the wall blew out in may its light blue and white came with same decking

Posted 5/27/2010 3:10:00 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I just found this site - It will save my life!!! Thank you!

Teflon coated magnetic shaft intex pump parts
Posted 4/11/2010 2:45:58 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I'm looking for a Teflon coated magnetic shaft for the intex pump sold with the 18 foot above ground pools any ideas where I can get this item?

Anonymous 5/1/2010 7:29:47 PM    Reply
you'll never be able to find the parts n those little pumps made n china so go get a real hayward and a sta-rite filter and the couplings to adapt the flex hoses .
Anonymous 5/1/2010 7:30:15 PM    Reply
you'll never be able to find the parts n those little pumps made n china so go get a real hayward and a sta-rite filter and the couplings to adapt the flex hoses .
DE Filter Concerns
Posted 3/28/2010 4:20:03 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have a Hayward DE filter which appears to be working fine however it was reading about 8 pounds over suggesting a backwash was required this was only about 6 weeks after the last backwash the pool was not being used so I assumed this was probably because high winds had blown a lot of debris into the pool during the previous weeks. As the pool is not being used at present I felt no rush to carry out a backwash however, over the last week or so the pressure gauge has fallen back to show about 2 pounds over the initial post backwash setting,is this sort of fluctuation normal or is the gauge faulty? I have the gauge that has the green and red pointers 10 pounds apart it is about 2 years old. Secondly, I have decided to clean the filter before the new swimming season this will be a first for me, in the Hayward manual it mentions the possible need for degreasing and descaling I would appreciate it if someone could suggest what chemicals tools and proceedures I need to use for degreasing / descaling or possibly point me to an information base. I know the need for this os only a "possible" but, I want to have evertything I need to hand should it be required. Thank You Don

Anonymous 5/31/2015 11:01:24 AM    Reply
I use Proteam filter magic to clean me DE grid in my Hayward filter. Dump the contents into an empty spray bottle (like windex) & throughly spray down the grid. Let it sit for 10 mins & then rinse off with garden hose. Works great.

Posted 3/26/2010 12:25:58 PM by Anonymous    Reply
how do you fix wash out in a above ground pool?

Above ground pool cleaning
Posted 3/25/2010 10:59:49 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I have an above ground pool and was wondering what is a good automatic cleaner to use with it?

Anonymous 12/3/2010 2:22:28 AM    Reply
i prefer you to use an affordable and easy to use ">http://www.overnightpools.com/aquabot_turbo_t_-_rc.htm"> aquabot cleaner , automatic pool cleaner that has a remote control to easily clean your pool. By just pressing some buttons you can easily ordered the cleaner in a place where the dirt is. It has built it scrubber to clean the tiles of the pool.
Anonymous 12/3/2010 2:26:23 AM    Reply
i prefer you to use an affordable and easy to use aquabot cleaner, automatic pool cleaner that has a remote control to easily clean your pool. By just pressing some buttons you can easily ordered the cleaner in a place where the dirt is. It has built it scrubber to clean the tiles of the pool. http://www.overnightpools.com/aquabot_turbo_t_-_rc.htm
Anonymous 6/6/2012 1:56:52 PM    Reply
I think Paintair produces one of the best in-ground pool cleaners. At the same time they are not expensive. For example this one over here http://www.purepool.com/pentair-p80720-kreepy-krauly-prowler-720-robotic-in-ground-pool-cleaner.html costs less than thousand dollars, which I believe is more than reasonable.
You can now test your pool or spa water online!!!
Posted 3/16/2010 11:22:25 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Just found this cool site where you can test your pool or spa water online go to www.poolwatertesting.com.au

What seal does a polaris pool pump use
Posted 2/25/2010 2:33:06 PM by Anonymous    Reply
pb-4 booster pump

lifeguard 10/27/2011 3:41:49 PM    Reply
5/8" Shaft Size.... VG-1000.... #1000 seal...
Help needed regarding replaster job for in ground pool
Posted 2/17/2010 12:41:28 AM by Anonymous    Reply
how long should a good replaster last on a pool? Is it good to stick with plaster or should we switch to the more expensive quartz? My pool is 30 years old and has the original plaster. The person giving me a quote on a new plaster says it should only last 10 years. Is this true?

Anonymous 4/16/2010 4:36:57 PM    Reply
where do you get this ?? what is the name of product and how does it apply I have a small linear tear in the pool wall only 3 yrs old appeared in 6 weeks after putting in new foam liner and pool wall liner. Manufacturer wont help or allow me to purchase a new wall What can I do ?
DRAINING MINIMAX 100 FOR WINTERIZATION
Posted 10/5/2009 2:53:47 PM by Anonymous    Reply
HOW DO I WINTERIZE THE HEATER? I WAS TOLD TO DRAIN THE HEATER. I DIN'T KNOW HOW. PUT ANTIFREEZE IN IT. I DON'T KNOW HOW. I NEED HELP BEFORE WINTER. THANK YOU.

Anonymous 10/8/2009 5:06:28 PM    Reply
There is a drainout on the Minimax that looks like a hose bib. open it. if you do not see one, then blow air into one of the heater pipes to get the water out. that should all you need to do.
above ground vinyl pool liner leak
Posted 9/21/2009 7:54:03 PM by Anonymous    Reply
have a leak in my liner but can't find it and have already lowered pool water level as closing pool for season and noticed water around perimeter of pool but cannot find leak...anyone tried the product fixaleak? good or bad

rob 11/25/2009 3:30:24 PM    Reply
fix-a-leak is a good product - works great on pinhole leaks in a liner or shell of a pool, but won't stop large tears or shattered pipes. Follow bottle instructions explicitly!
Anonymous 6/4/2011 2:40:51 PM    Reply
where can i find this fixaleak and how much will it cost
Green Algae and cloudy water....
Posted 8/23/2009 6:15:00 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I set up the Intex pool this summer for my kids, water was clear for a few weeks. I went out of town on business and my wife negleted to put the chemicals in the water. Now I am fighting the green algae/cloudiness. I have shocked the water and added the algae preventative to no avail several times in the last 3 weeks. The pump filter has also been changed....what am I not doing ??? I am getting no where with battling this algae.

Help
Posted 8/23/2009 11:39:17 AM by Anonymous    Reply
We have a 24' round above ground I have a leak I need help how should I find the leak? I' ve tried everything, can't afford to hire a tech. The water level is under half does any one have ant suggestions? Tracy Carmen

Anonymous 9/5/2009 10:08:31 AM    Reply
We had one also. You need to fix it. We had a hole developing in the wall and had to sheet metal over the hole. Find the leak and patch it with kits available at any pool store. You can even apply patch under water.
Sta-Rite Sand Filter smoking
Posted 8/13/2009 5:20:47 PM by Anonymous    Reply
After vacuuming about a gallon of sand off the bottom of pool. I used backwash and collected several large bumblebees into the skimmer. I unplugged the filter to give it a rest since the plug was too hot. When I replugged it in, in between the skimmer and pump it started smoking and clicking sound but won't run at all now. What did I do wrong?

Anonymous 8/23/2009 12:17:56 PM    Reply
I did the same thing when I first got my pool 3 years ago. The lesson learned...both sand and saw dust will kill your pump. That being said...if sand or saw dust is in your pool...not sure how to get it out without your pump. I'd call the pool company and ask them to remove it. * The sand got in the pool because the company gave me the wrong filter for the sand filter...so they gave me a new pump with no questions asked. You might want to ensure you have the proper filter and that it is attached properly...all you have to do is empty all the sand out of the large filter and check...ouch!
smelly water
Posted 7/16/2009 12:02:26 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have cleaned, shocked, clarified, and filtered the pool religiously and the water has a terrible smell. I don't know how to get rid of the smell, and don't want to swim because of it. Please help... What should I do?

Anonymous 7/23/2009 11:01:42 PM    Reply
is it chlorine smell or like stail water smell? i think we have the same trouble, water smells weired and we clean shock clrify and so on... if anyone knows how to get rid of it please help!!
Anonymous 7/10/2010 8:18:18 PM    Reply
what did you find ? I got the same problem. I think its the yard rotting underneath it?
ABOVE GROUND POOL OWNER
Posted 7/12/2009 10:33:10 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I HAVE AN ABOVE GROUND GROUND POOL, THE 18" AND I BEEN SHOCKING THE POOL ALOT. THE PROBLEM IS, I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH SHOCK TREATMENT TO ADD IN THE WATER.I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DEBRIS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL. IT SORT OF LOOK LIKE SEEDWEED. BUT WHEN I STIR THE WATER, IT LOOKS LIKE BLACK DIRT, I CLEANS THE FILTER, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Anonymous 7/26/2009 12:33:42 PM    Reply
i believe that stuff at at the bottom is the algae or residue that was cleaned out of the water u need to vaccuum that out..
Anonymous
Posted 7/6/2009 6:55:13 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We have a hole in our liner and don't have the money to replace it and we tried the patches and they are to small do you have any ideas on how to fix it. I would say it is about 10" long. If you have anyideas please let me know email me to olvera.vicky@yahoo.com or if you know anyone who is willing to sell a 24' and 48" liner for cheap please let us know. Thank you for your comments, and ideas.

Anonymous 7/11/2009 11:28:15 AM    Reply
Go to you pool store see if they have any vinyl that can be used for under water application. Use the adhesive and make a patch. Unless there is great stress on it you will be fine.
Anonymous 7/11/2009 11:28:59 AM    Reply
Go to your pool store see if they have any vinyl that can be used for under water application. Use the adhesive and make a patch. Unless there is great stress on it you will be fine.
above ground pool
Posted 6/27/2009 1:54:50 PM by Anonymous    Reply
i have an intex above ground pool, we got it last year and everything went well, we just set up again yesturday for this years summer and this morning we found water surrounding its bottom, so we're suspecting a tear. the pool came with a repair kit but how to i find the tear and then how do i fix it?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

John G. 6/29/2009 9:32:52 AM    Reply
You need to find the leak, and patch it.
Anonymous 7/1/2009 9:58:43 PM    Reply
We have the same problem! The leak around the pool comes and goes, how's that for frustration?We scoured the bottom for the "non existent" tear, even hired a professional diver who never found the leak, it disappeared and then wetness reappeared a few months later with a vengeance in a few areas. Good luck!
Anonymous 5/25/2014 7:02:36 AM    Reply
Yes im having the same problem i just bought my new intex pool(24'x 52") a day ago and put it up the next and after 5 or 6 hours of filling it up i notice a small puddle coming from under the pool and we looked for the hole but cant find it can someone please HELP!

Posted 6/27/2009 9:20:25 AM by Anonymous    Reply
where can i see a color chart for ph and chlorine levels for liquid test. i lost the card that came with kit and cannot remember colors. i have yellow for chlorine and red for ph. my water is greenish-brown. i am worried. i live in arizona and it is hot, hot, hot

John G. 6/29/2009 9:32:15 AM    Reply
Well, Yellow means you have chlorine residual. Deep pink (not red) usually means a normal Ph. But, each kit is different. If you know the manufacturer of the test kit, then you may be able to get the color chart.
Water problems
Posted 6/21/2009 8:24:23 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We purchased a 15' x 42" quick set pool, we filled it with well water. After we put the "shock" treatment in the water it turned yellowish then kind of rusty colored. All the levels are good according to the test strips except the free Chlorine is low. We have had the pump running since it was filled and have cleaned it twice, the filter looks like rust. I have added about 6 oz. of Iron Myte the water has turned back to the yellowish color, does anyone have any idea how long it should take to clear the water or have any other ideas for me?? I would like to get this cleaned up so my kids can use it soon! Thanks

Anonymous 6/28/2009 4:10:21 PM    Reply
I have the same problem with my Intex pool. The pool water that was delivered apparently was very hard. I have been switching and cleaning filters three times a day. Improvement in clarity is very slow going. I too am looking for some type of chemical means to speed up the process.
Anonymous 7/11/2009 11:36:54 AM    Reply
Bring a sample of water to your pool supply store let them look at it and they can tell you what you need to do to clear it up.
Anonymous 6/6/2011 9:59:37 AM    Reply
dont use test strips...they are misleading... take a sample of your water in a clean, sterile container and they will get you back on track.
Water problems
Posted 6/21/2009 6:43:55 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We purchased a 15' x 42" quick set pool, we filled it with well water. After we put the "shock" treatment in the water it turned yellowish then kind of rusty colored. All the levels are good according to the test strips except the free Chlorine is low. We have had the pump running since it was filled and have cleaned it twice, the filter looks like rust. I have added about 6 oz. of Iron Myte the water has turned back to the yellowish color, does anyone have any idea how long it should take to clear the water or have any other ideas for me?? I would like to get this cleaned up so my kids can use it soon! Thanks

Help! I know nothing about taking care of my pool!!!
Posted 6/11/2009 1:45:04 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We bought a house with a pool last fall and just had it opened this week by a local pool professional. We had to have the pump & filter replaced. Now the pool is cleaned and ready to go, but the pool people didn't explain anything about what we are supposed to do. We know NOTHING...how often to turn on the pump, how anything works, etc. HELP!

Anonymous 6/11/2009 1:56:57 PM    Reply
I run my pump 24/7....only turn it off when the season ends and I close the pool down.
Anonymous 6/11/2009 2:00:03 PM    Reply
Now...when you need to back wash or do anything that has to do with turning the dail on the filter...always turn it off and always turn the dail Clockwise...Never counter clockwise.
Anonymous 6/17/2009 5:24:09 PM    Reply
I put mine on a lamp timer to run for 8 hours a day...no need to waste electricity runnning it 24 hours a day, plus you wear you pump out much quicker.
Anonymous 6/20/2009 7:47:53 AM    Reply
Good idea...thanks!
Anonymous 5/27/2010 3:05:16 PM    Reply
My pump is on a timer wired to my circuit box. The timer goes on & off during the night, when the electric rates are lowest. I can flip the switch to vacumn during the day. It is somthing I don't have to think about.
Decorating the deck around my pool.
Posted 6/11/2009 12:48:50 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Can anyone suggest a website I can get ideas from? Looking to give a Margaritaville look to our pool area...for my husband on Father's Day. Thanks.

John G. 6/15/2009 9:52:48 AM    Reply
Take a look here..... http://www.ehow.com/how_2111117_host-margaritaville-theme-party.html
above ground floor problems
Posted 6/11/2009 11:46:11 AM by Anonymous    Reply
while installing a solar panel system for my above ground pool the contractor let water drain out many times......this has caused the sand to be washed away at the base of the pool just inside the metal wall now the liner is sucked down about 2 inches deeper for a space about 10 inches long and about 3 inches wide how can i fix this can i back fill from outside the pool......please help

Light trips GFCI
Posted 5/29/2009 2:40:46 PM by Anonymous    Reply
My pool with built in spa is 10 years old this summer. When I opened it this spring, my spa light trips the GFCI after about 10 seconds of operation. I have replaced the switch and wiring from the circuit breaker to the junction box that leads to the underground conduit, I have removed the light from the niche and cleaned it and made sure everything is tight. The lamp had no water in it and the wiring on the back side of the lamp is OK. There is corrosion to the niche though. The bond wire looks OK but I cannot see how it is attached to the niche because it has sealant on it. Any suggestions on where to go next? Do I have to replace the lamp assembly? Could a poor bond connection cause this problem? Thanks.

John G. 6/4/2009 2:16:43 PM    Reply
It's doubtful the bond wire has anything to do with your problem. Remove the light from the pool, and take the bulb out. Will the breaker trip without the bulb in the light? Make sure the light is dry, including the socket. If it still trips, then you need to replace the light fixture.

Posted 5/28/2009 5:34:43 PM by Anonymous    Reply
In ground vinyl liner pool. Water leaks to just above lights and then stops. I can't seem to find the leak. Can the leak bee too small to see? I lose about 1-2 inches a day.

John G. 6/4/2009 2:28:30 PM    Reply
A small leak in a vinyl pool is hard to find. Have you seen our leak detection page> Click here. http://www.poolcenter.com/leaks.htm
Anonymous 7/11/2009 11:34:46 AM    Reply
It is a tedious task but turn off the pump the water needs to be still. Go by some cheap food coloring, any brand will do. Get a mask and snorkel start at one point and begin squeezing out small drops of color and see if you see it being drawn towards the liner. It will be obvious when it happens. When you find the leak get a patch and fix it. The hardest part is finding the leak the patch is nothing.
im looking for a pool liner
Posted 5/27/2009 9:33:16 PM by Anonymous    Reply
started to refill our pool for the summer, liner started to rip looking for a new liner 24x54 overlap, having a hard time finding a 54 inch liner online. all i find 48 or 52.

John G. 5/28/2009 4:05:19 PM    Reply
The overlap liners at www.poolcenter.com will work on your pool. OK?
anonymous
Posted 5/26/2009 3:10:36 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Dear Anonymous about what type of salt to put in your pool with the intex chlorinator. We also have one of these jewels attached to our above ground pool and also LOVE it! We purchased the salt at Lowe's Home Improvement store and it is just called "pool salt". was about 8 dollars for a 40 pound sack. It says on the bag that it is for salt water pool systems. Hope this helps!

wall repair
Posted 5/20/2009 10:08:33 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Hi we own an above ground pool and have it sunk below ground .unfortunately we have a large hole in the section of the wall that houses the hose the section comes off, can we buy just that section? ,it is a sharkline 15x30x52.escolade

John G. 5/28/2009 4:03:49 PM    Reply
Try www.sharkline.com for your parts.
water for pool
Posted 5/17/2009 1:30:42 PM by Anonymous    Reply
I have purchased a 15 ft. pool and since I have a a well with a pump I am afraid to run the pump to fill it. Is there a business that fills pools.

John G. 5/28/2009 4:02:23 PM    Reply
There are many water delivery companys. Try a Google search or your local yellow pages.
Is 4000 pump too strong for my 18 x 48 metal frame intex pool?
Posted 5/7/2009 11:45:26 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I have the 1500 and it was ok last year, but is not doing the trick so far this year. I wanted a big enough one to keep it clear, but I don't want to purchase the 2500 and i be too small also? Any suggestions? the pool is cloudy because the filter is not strong enough...

John G. 5/8/2009 11:55:59 AM    Reply
The 4000 would work just fine. And keep the pool clean.
Hole in the outer metal liner of the pool
Posted 5/6/2009 8:27:20 PM by Anonymous    Reply
My husband was mowing the grass and shot a toy through the above ground pool wall, we had just emptied the pool so it didn't poke a hole through the liner but I don't know who to repair the metal outer liner inorder to refill the pool. Any ideas without purchasing a whole new metal surround for the poll

John G. 5/8/2009 11:54:51 AM    Reply
You need to make a round patch from sheet metal, and use Heavy Duty Liquid Nails to glue it on. John G.
Intext saltwater system 1.5 inch PVC pipe adapter
Posted 4/29/2009 9:05:45 AM by Anonymous    Reply
Does anyone know how to hood Intex saltwater generator up to 1.5 inch PVC pipe? The hose they provide is likely to split one day, even more likely when I'm not home.

John G. 4/30/2009 10:44:35 AM    Reply
Insert fittings. You should be able to go to Home Depot, and get some insert fittings and hose clamps. That should do it.
Anonymous 5/17/2009 6:10:33 PM    Reply
We just finished up doing the same project. Also put a hayward pump in line and got ride of that stock one. All parts found at the depot. The threads were not exact so use some pipe dope to seal. No hose clamps needed.
cleaning pool
Posted 4/23/2009 12:13:07 AM by Anonymous    Reply
this is my 3rd.yr.with this pool.should i empty it completely and clean the walls and floor.are just go ahead and add fresh water to whats in there.i have had it covered all winter.i keep water from the rain and snow drained off the cover,but i know some stale water must stiff thru the cover.or should i just do like always before add fresh water to the right level and level out the chemicals.and vac out real good as normal?thanks for any input.

John G. 4/28/2009 4:22:42 PM    Reply
3 years is not too old for pool water. Just fill the pool, and start the filter, adjust the chemisty and you're good to go.
Anonymous 5/20/2009 7:17:35 PM    Reply
If you are thinking of refilling and switching to a salt water system. I purchased a SolarChlor a solar powered salt water chlorine generator and for my 20ft round above ground pool and my problems have gone away. i still have to maintain all chemicals as it suggests but i make my own CHLORINE FOR FREE and i only run my pump 4hrs a day instead of 8!!!!
damadged pool
Posted 4/13/2009 6:14:30 PM by Anonymous    Reply
i need to get a pool replaced it had a hole in it when i got in from you

John G. 4/28/2009 4:21:12 PM    Reply
Have you contacted our returns/warranty department?
chlorine levels
Posted 12/23/2008 8:08:48 PM by Anonymous    Reply
if I test the water and the clorine levels and they come out a redish orange does that mean they are too high?

Anonymous 12/26/2008 2:23:37 PM    Reply
Yes, That is a high reading. You can dilute the sample in half, add some distilled water, and get an accurate reading.
Pool water level is significantly lower every day
Posted 10/20/2008 1:41:16 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Our above ground pool is 18'x 33' and we live in Washington DC area. We have been loosing lot of water recently, over 4" in 9 days. The weather has been dry and warm, no major rains. Could you advice if we should look for a leakage or is it normal? Our water is green now so it is hard to find a leak. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous 11/22/2008 1:30:12 PM    Reply
you could let the water drop a little lower, and see if it stabilzes - jsut don't let it get too close to the floor, keep 1-2 feet of water in the pool
can i use pink stuff-jack magic in my pool
Posted 8/8/2008 6:04:59 PM by Anonymous    Reply
can i use jacks magic pink stuff in my about ground pool

John G. 8/26/2008 12:01:36 PM    Reply
You sure can. Jack's Magic works on any pool
Triton Mini Max 250 Heater issues
Posted 7/24/2008 2:34:03 AM by Anonymous    Reply
I shut down the heater to replace the flange that connects to the header, and the pvc pipes, hoses, because everything is several years old. When I turned the system back on, the heater won't light - red service light comes on - what is the likely issue? It was working fine two days ago when I shut it down.

John G. 8/1/2008 11:16:23 AM    Reply
be sure the pipes are connected to the proper flanges. In is in, and out is out.
Ready to Overflow
Posted 7/23/2008 3:25:21 PM by Anonymous    Reply
My above ground pool has received a lot of rain lately. The level is above the skimmer and about 1 inch from overflowing. Will it be ok if it overflows or should I do something to prevent overflow? Thanks

Anonymous 7/24/2008 10:56:15 AM    Reply
Backwash, or syphon some of the water out, for proper skimmer operation.

Posted 6/24/2008 8:07:18 PM by Anonymous    Reply
i have a sand filter and when i vacume what setting should i use filter waste circ close

Anonymous 6/28/2008 4:53:27 PM    Reply
normally set it on filter, but if the de3bris is very silty you may see it pass thru the filter. If MOST of it is passing thru, (very silty, or muddy) then set it to waste, and Vacuum to Waste (first overfill the pool)
Muddy water
Posted 6/23/2008 10:58:01 PM by Anonymous    Reply
We filled our above ground wal-mart pool with water from our well. The water turned muddy and now we are stuck can someone please tell us how to fix this without draining our pool. The water is a clay color. Probably from the clay in our well. Please help.

Anonymous 6/28/2008 4:56:57 PM    Reply
see the instructions above - just vacuum it to waste. This means to put your sand or de multiport valve to the "WASTE" setting, and vacuum the gunk right out of hte pool. If you don't have a multiport you can't really do this. Another way is to use a pool pump that has hose adapters attached, connect your vac hose right into the front of the pump, and then a hose connects to the output of the pump (like backwash hose). You connect a bit of extension cord to the electrical end of the pump, on the motor, and then you can prime it and plug it in (make sure voltage is set to 115v on the motor terminal board)

Posted 6/12/2008 8:49:06 PM by Anonymous    Reply

above the ground pools
Posted 6/12/2008 8:48:13 PM by Anonymous    Reply
my water is a greenish color,whats wrong and how do I get the water clear. Do I have to empty the water and refill the pool

Anonymous 6/28/2008 4:58:54 PM    Reply
Well, gotta have "balanced" water, with pH levels that are not too high. And a constant chlorine residual. Also necessary is enough proper circulation and enough proper filtration. You need all 3 items: Circulation, Sanitation and Filtration for clear water. If it is too bad, you maybe should pump out some of the water, refill with fresh (water is cheaper than chemicals)
Anonymous 3/5/2009 4:56:42 PM    Reply
You need some system to kill the algae. I have a Saltwater Generator - the one Intex makes that goes with my 24'x52" Intex AG Pool. The model with the filter (http://www.intexcorp.com/saltwater.html) We also have quite a powerful filter which helps get the water circulating and "chlorinating" with the SWG pretty quickly. We run it for a few hours every night and have crystal clear water all the time.
trix1109 3/6/2009 5:27:40 PM    Reply
I don't know what kind of pool you have, but Intex has a lot of good answers on their FAQ page. For instance, they have one relating specifically to why water may be green and what are some of the causes of that: http://faq.intexstore.com/faqsup/pub/FaqSupportServlet?action=openFaq&qid=200
Anonymous 5/20/2009 7:20:53 PM    Reply
You gotta get a Solar Chlor i bought one and have had it for 3yrs and i love it. Solar powered salt water chlorine generator. You guys have to check this thing out ive never seen anything like it http://solarchlor.com/
salt water clorinator, skin feels really dry
Posted 4/28/2008 12:43:09 PM by Anonymous    Reply
First time upground pool owner. We have a salt water clorinator, however, our skin is really dry feeling and not sure if I have the chemicals balanced right. Testing strips say I do, but why such a nasty feeling on our skin.

John G. 4/29/2008 2:46:19 PM    Reply
Well, Usually, pool owners with salt chlorine generators report softer skin after swimming. Get a good test kit. Test and adjust the pH and total alkalinity. If either one are not balanced, the water will not have a pleasant feel on your skin. Also, you need a good salt tester, make sure the salt level is below 4000 PPM as well.
Anonymous 5/28/2008 11:29:18 PM    Reply
I too am a first time above ground pool owner (12' x 24' oval, approx 7800 gallons), and I was wondering what salt water chlorinator you have and if you are satisfied with it. My pool has not yet been delivered but the retailer included for free the $149 Chlorease CL01 that hangs over the side. Since this item was simply included for free, I am not too confident that this chlorinator will do the trick as the sales person also indicated that some customers complained about too much salt taste in pool. I am therefore presently comparing features/literature on the Aqua-Rite and Zodiac LM3 systems. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
John G. 6/30/2008 11:49:04 AM    Reply
I don't think the CL01 will be enough for your pool. You are correct, Look into the Zodiac or AquaRite. You won't be sorry.
trix1109 3/5/2009 5:15:04 PM    Reply
We purchased the Intex Saltwater Generator at the beginning of last summer to replace the disgusting and inefficient self-dissolving chlorine tablets we had been using in our 16' above ground Intex pool. They never dissolved fast enough and we were constantly battling algae problems. We had friends who had installed a similar generator on their inground pool and LOVED it. After ALSO upgrading to a more powerful filter pump, we are also in love with our saltwater generator. My daughter has eczema and the chemicals aggravated it. We have had not had that dry feeling at all that the first user was experiencing. It must be a PH thing. I would recommend looking into Intex as well. I don't know if it's compatible with your system, but I am very happy with it.
Anonymous 4/24/2009 11:23:10 AM    Reply
Hiya, can you advise me please I have just purchased an intex saltwater system like yourself and have been told I can use normal table salt in it is that correct? if not what is it I need to use and where can I purchase it from? Thanks
Anonymous 5/26/2009 3:11:37 PM    Reply
Dear Anonymous about what type of salt to put in your pool with the intex chlorinator. We also have one of these jewels attached to our above ground pool and also LOVE it! We purchased the salt at Lowe's Home Improvement store and it is just called "pool salt". was about 8 dollars for a 40 pound sack. It says on the bag that it is for salt water pool systems. Hope this helps!

Post a comment
Title:

Comments:

Enter number shown above: