Pool Community

INTEX 24'x 12' x 48" Oval Frame Pool Set
Totally worth it!

Pros: Durable
Cons: The clip-on filter system
Best Uses: Summer
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

We bought this pool with part of our "vacation fund." It was on sale, so we figured it was worth it even if it only lasted one year. We're going on our third year with this pool, and it's been fantastic. We got the Intex salt water chlorine generator, too. We also purchased some after-market solar panels from another vendor.This set-up has been a fantastic investment.

People of all ages have had countless hours of fun with this pool. Our only complaint is that the filter that clips on the edge of the pool doesn't work well. It slips around and is kind of touchy. You can't just clip it on and walk away -- you have to check on it every now and then to make sure it's not sucking air.

You have to take the time to set up the pool as directed and maintain it -- change filters, clean it, etc. Keep it covered when not in use. We run our pump more than the directions say to, at the recommendation of the owner of the local pool store. Keep the kids off the edges. Remember to follow safety instructions and remove the ladder after every use.

If you take care of this pool and don't thrash it, it should last a long time. As we enter our third year with ours, it shows no signs of use.

Climb in, the water's fine!!

http://www.poolcenter.com/aboveground_pools_easyset_poolstor.htm 

ellipse_pool6.gif (170295 bytes)
Pool Maintenance Kit
ellipse_pool1.gif (106795 bytes)
Pool Sprayer
ellipse_pool2.gif (117641 bytes)
Ground Cloth / Cover

Pump / Filter  combo
ellipse_pool7.gif (173460 bytes)
Pool Volleyball set

Click on a STAR and give it YOUR rating?
  • Currently 1/5 Stars.

Posted 8/9/2015 4:21:53 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Can I run the pump from a normal electrical extension cable (for limited periods) or does it require installation of a special outdoor electrical unit? Thanks

operating pool and heater year round anyone?
Posted 9/28/2008 3:44:09 PM by Anonymous    Reply
Hi Has anyone tried operating a pool and heater year round? Gas or propane or solar panels? Thanks for any and all replys. Jenn

Anonymous 4/20/2009 2:51:44 PM    Reply
Yes, for the past three years I have had a customer operate his Rsypack heater yaear round keeping his water temperature above 90 degress. He keeps his pool as hot as his Hot Tub. No problems have come up.
Dont let it?
Posted 9/8/2008 11:39:21 AM by Anonymous    Reply
The most important part of pool maintanance is keeping up with it fairly often. The PH can change overnite with one rainshower. Wrong ph and gree follows. The best thing to do is be able to just look at it and if you see a slight problem with green coming, you have to take action. The filter systems vary, but it is ery important that you follo the directions and do what is required for the system to work correctly. Again, green cannot grow unless it has the right conditions. Make sure it does not. Chemicals are available to fight outbreaks and keep the ph at optimal levels. Use them according to directions and check to ph. I have found that when I first set up the pool in the spring, I have to go one way with the chemicals, then, as the summer comes along, the whole system swings in the opposite direction. Do not assume that what you learn ealy will work later. Really check the condition of the water with kits available. It has to be right.

drain it
Posted 7/31/2008 7:19:30 PM by Anonymous    Reply
drain it

Posted 6/12/2008 8:51:03 PM by Anonymous    Reply
what do i do if the water has turned green

Anonymous 7/31/2008 7:20:09 PM    Reply
you need to drain it

Post a comment
Title:

Comments:

Enter number shown above: